10 Tech Trends for 2016
The BBC’s recent findings reveal these top 10 tech trends affecting business in 2016. The findings are based on interviews with tech firms, telecoms, digital agencies, research analysts, lawyers, and accountants.
1. Cybercrime and a renewed emphasis on cyber security.
2. The internet of things and the development of the hyper-connected world.
3. Real-time data analytics, not intuition, driving business decisions.
4. New data protection laws forcing firms to rethink compliance strategies.
5. Artificial intelligence and robotics replacing repetitive tasks.
6. Smartphones becoming the primary tool for almost everything.
7. More business applications for virtual and augmented reality tech.
8. Increased personalised and in-store location-based marketing.
9. Drones to be allowed to make deliveries and perform other public tasks.
10. Established businesses to face increased competition from start-ups